‘I select skin care which works on dry and ageing skin’ …. says Jilly.
You don’t stay this good looking without a reasonably well stocked (it’s PACKED – look at it!) bathroom cabinet. We asked model Jilly Johnson for her top products…..
They’re firmly chosen for practicality rather than swanking on the bathroom shelf. My make-up is focused on creating glowing and dewy skin, and emphasising eyes and lips.
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra Overnight Care, £17.50, laroche-posay.co.uk. Perfect for ultra-sensitive and dry skin. Contains their calming agent Neurosenine as well as shea butter, thermal water and glycerin. Very reasonably priced as well. I don’t think you need to pay a fortune for good quality.
- Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover, £1.75, superdrug.com. You can’t get away with sexy and smudged first thing in the morning once you leave your twenties. No matter how much fun I’ve had, the make-up comes off every night. This even works on waterproof mascara.
- Avene Eau Thermale Spring Water Spray, from £4, escentual.com. Invaluable in this summer’s hot weather, though of course it’s cooled down considerably now. Contains silica, which leaves a soothing barrier over sensitive skin.
- Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50, £66.50, lookfantastic.com. If only decent sun protection had been around when I was younger – in the Seventies it was barely even a concept and you just went as brown as quickly as you could….
- Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Make-up Base, £40, feelunique.com. I’m addicted to blusher bronzer for a swift healthy glow and highlighting and contouring cheekbones. As you can see, I have ‘quite’ a selection, but this is my favourite- it’s multi-use and glides smoothly onto skin.